Due Date: Sunday, 11 April
- DOM event handling
- separation of concerns between content, visual styles, and executable code
- MVC architectural pattern
- Dojo toolkit
- Automated client-side testing
DescriptionIn this project, you will
- reimplement project 2 (without the reporting functionality) using the Dojo toolkit
- add automated testing for the required functionality using the facilities Dojo provides
These capabilities must be implemented, and there must be an integrated suite for automatically testing them:
- Manage projects (categories) for which to track time.
- Start/stop tracking time spent on a project.
- If tracking for one project is in progress and the user starts tracking time on another one, the app should allow this only after confirmation.
- Real-time dashboard displaying simultaneously
- the total time worked today, this week, this month, and this year
- the time worked today, this week, this month, and this year on the currently active project
- All content must be valid documents. You are advised to use a validating editor or the to ensure that your content is valid. For convenience, you may want to place a link on each document that runs the validation service on this document. Your document should state the correct document type at the top.
- All rendering styles must be provided using a single shared valid style sheet. There must not be any rendering styles in the documents themselves. You are advised to use a validating editor or the to verify that your style sheet is valid.
GradingTotal: 10 points
- 0.5 - valid XHTML 1.1 (browser shows standards compliance mode)
- 0.5 - external CSS, no style attributes in content documents
- 0.5 - correct use of divs and tables
- 0.5 - consistent layout and navigation
- 1 - correct use of Dojo's framework capabilities (OO, event support, etc.)
- 1 - correct use of Dojo user interface widgets
- 3 - required functionality
- 3 - test suite