Due Date: Wednesday, 3 September
- Software installation process
- Aptana Studio
- Aptana document templates
- Synchronization between workspace and public web folder
Your job is as follows:
- Install the software for this course, especially if you are doing your work outside the departmental labs. You are encouraged to discuss any issues you encounter on the mailing list.
- Familiarize yourself with Aptana Studio.
- In Aptana, go to Windows > Preferences > Aptana > Editors > HTML and change the initial HTML file contents to
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">
- Create a new Aptana default web project called, say, HelloAptana.
- Within this project, create at least one (X)HTML page. The initial page content should be exactly the skeleton shown above, otherwise you did not successfully change the initial file contents.
- Add some content to your page(s). You may find this reference useful.
- Right-click on the HelloAptana project node in the project explorer and create a new synchronize connection. Under remote, choose SFTP, then enter the information corresponding to your Linux account and course folder. Important: below your course folder, you need an explicit folder corresponding to your project folder.
- Right-click on the HelloAptana project node and upload the project.
- To verify that synchronization was successful, view your project through its public URI by appending HelloAptana to your course folder's URI.
To submit this project, please send me email with the URI of your project folder.
Post a Comment