Due Date: Saturday, 21 April
- Dojo Toolkit
- Social bookmarking, del.icio.us
- Automated testing, JsUnit testing framework
DescriptionIn this project, you will develop a browser-based remix of the del.icio.us social bookmarking application. A remix is a wrapper around an existing application that exposes the functionality of the existing application in a novel way.
Functional Requirements (50%)Your remix should have the following user interface elements:
- text field for del.icio.us userid
- text field for max number (default 20) of matching bookmarks (having all selected tags) to fetch
- button for obtaining that user's tags (and initial list of bookmarks)
- left list for displaying unselected tags
- buttons for adding and removing tags to and from the selection
- right list for displaying selected tags
- element for displaying the current number of matching bookmarks
- section for the bookmarks themselves shown as links
- change of userid
- tags selected or unselected
- change of max number of matches
- one minute has elapsed (periodic update)
Your system must also satisfy the nonfunctional requirements stated below.
Look and Feel (10%)The look and feel of the application must be both attractive and effective. In particular:
- There should be no unnecessary reloading of pages.
- There should be no unnecessary alerts or popups.
Nonfunctional Requirements (15%)
- All content must be valid documents. You are advised to use a validating editor or the to ensure that your content is valid. For convenience, you may want to place a link on each document that runs the validation service on this document. Your document should state the correct document type at the top.
- All rendering styles must be provided using a single shared valid style sheet. There must not be any rendering styles in the documents themselves. You are advised to use a validating editor or the to verify that your style sheet is valid.
Automated Testing (15%)Use the JsUnit testing framework to test your model class in ways that cover the scenarios listed above.
Documentation (10%)The following documentation is required:
- Dojo MVC tutorial
- Dojo ScriptSrcIO
- del.icio.us JSON API
- Dojo AJAX and JSON tutorial
- Course examples
Please submit the complete URL of the home page of your project under project 3 in the assignments section in Blackboard or send me email with the URL.